Friday 25 June 2010

Rest


One of my favourite artists, Van Gogh....'Noon: Rest from Work'. I wish I could have rested at noon.. but I wonder given the temperatures at the moment (which are most unfavourable)...we could demand a siesta?

A siesta (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈsjesta]) is a short nap taken in the early afternoon, often after the midday meal. Such a period of sleep is a common tradition in some countries, particularly those where the weather is warm. The word siesta is Spanish, from the Latin hora sexta – "the sixth hour" (counting from dawn, therefore noon, hence "midday rest").

Well maybe the heat and some hard training had earnt me a rest, but despite my mileage target, I decided to take one this evening. Finding myself 'Home Alone', what did I do..? A couple of year's ago... Bridget Jones? How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? .....a bit of American Psycho even? A phone call to a relative? A tub of Green & Black ice-cream and a large glass of wine? None of the above... what is happening to me? I sat down with a beautifully steamed salmon and vegetables, to watch 'Jack Daniels, The Art and Science of Running'. No disturbances... OK so I had treated my neglected face to a face-pack before...(which was nice and cooling)... and I did treat myself to ice-cream flavour chewits and a Milky Bar. I am taking this seriously, I think people that don't know me very well, maybe don't get this?

No comments:

Post a Comment